Present in the aerospace sector for 5 beautiful decades, Pole Air Aviation provides its national and international customers with its first-class expertise and know-how in maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft and their component on military, commercial transports, private & corporate planes, and helicopters.
We are looking for a result focus and ambitious person to join our team as Program Manager. Reporting to the Head of Contracts/Program Management, the Program Manager will lead a team of Customer Support account Managers and coordinate their activities in the execution of open contracts with our Strategic customers.
- Lead the development / deployment of the program schedule management process, (highlight potential risks / issues to the program, produce and lead the Program Schedule reviews.
- Prepare and present regular program updates for senior management.
- Conduct special case studies (financial impacts, projections, scheduling, etc.) and prepare recommendation.
- provide advice and guidance to the team regarding scheduled activities and their execution.
- establish project schedule and develop strategy for implementation plan.
- provide creative input for corrective actions to recover project schedule/budget.
- Develop and implement communication strategies in relation to key objectives and issues in collaborations with other functional stakeholders.
- Differentiate between direct/ indirect cost and recurring/non-recurring costs, understand cash-flow statements.
- Analyze program performance and propose new Program KPI and provide guidance to the multi-functional team regarding Program Performance and its KPI.
- Coordinate the definition of the Program KPI with the related groups.
- Lead and support the governance activities and dashboard reviews with management.
- have an in-depth knowledge of manufacturing concepts (supply chain, tooling, manpower, capacity…), and supply chain scheduling & ordering system (master schedule) as well as communication processes / vehicles with suppliers good.
- Clearly document program management processes, guidelines and take the lead on the standard definition.
- Develop tools for tracking of deliverables and progress of activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a similar professional designation
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an aerospace and/or relevant industry
- 5 years of experience in project management, in a Project Procurement role or Management of major Project execution
- Strong aircraft technical knowledge, in one or more of the following disciplines: aircraft performance and operations, aircraft structure, systems and avionics, aircraft interiors, aircraft manufacturing.
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer literate, particularly in MS Office suite with knowledge of data base management, scheduling (including MS Project) and spreadsheets, Quantum is an asset.
- Open mind and a great ability to work as a team player.
- knowledge of lean manufacturing and lean concepts.
- Bilingualism (French and English), most of our customers are located outside Québec
- Open to travel internationally
What we offer
- Dental insurance
- Complementary health insurance
- Culture of performance that celebrates team effort and individual contribution
- Flexible hours
- Work environment respectful of work-life balance
- Collaborative and friendly workplace
Pole Air Aviation is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We thank all candidates who will apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The use of the masculine in this text is for the sole purpose to facilitate reading.