A Leading MRO provider in the Aerospace sector for 5 decades, Pole Air Aviation provides its national and international customers with world-class expertise in maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft and Helicopters including their components destine for the Military, Commercial, & Corporate sectors.
We are presently looking for a Senior Commodity Buyer
Senior Commodity Buyer requirements and qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge of negotiating pricing and Contractual terms and conditions
- In-depth knowledge of Procurement processes and strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve problems with a strong analytical mind
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Oral and written bilingualism (French & English)
- Proven track record in cost reduction and sourcing strategies
- Proficiency in presentation to Senior Management
- Experience drafting and interpreting Contractual language
Senior Commodity Buyer personality profile and values:
- Highly motivated and relationship oriented
- Daily focus on finding “best solutions”
- Driven to exceed objectives
- Natural leader in their field
- building strategic plans for critical commodities, including sources, pricing and long term agreements.
- Implementing cost reduction strategies
- building and implementation of supplier strategies
- Negotiation of long-term agreements with key Suppliers.
- Support the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives within the department
- Analysis of performance and the reliability of our suppliers
- Evaluate the capability of subcontracting suppliers
- developing KPIs to assess, analyze and monitor supplier performance
- Build and develop long-term relationships with local suppliers.
- BSc/BBA in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or similar relevant field
- Experience of 10 years or more in supplier Commodity Management, ideally in the aeronautical sector
- Strong negotiation skills and powers of persuasion.
What we offer
- Dental insurance
- Complementary health insurance
- Culture of performance that celebrates team effort and individual contribution
- Flexible hours
- Work environment respectful of work-life balance
- Collaborative and friendly workplace
- Opportunity to grow and gain experience relevant to progress in your field